- Relating to the very distant past, especially to the period before the end of the Roman Empire in 476 AD.
- Extremely old or dating back to a remote period.
Derived from the latin word "antiquus", the word "ancient" has been used for centuries to describe something that is old or from a long time ago.
- The ancient civilization of Greece was known for its advanced culture and science.
- The ancient city of Rome was once the center of the Roman Empire.
- The ancient pyramids in Egypt are considered to be one of the Seven Wonders of the World.
- Many ancient artifacts have been discovered in the ruins of the city.
- The ancient writing was written in a language that was difficult to understand.
Some random words: exile, geomagnetic, timing