Providing necessary support to the primary activities or operation of an organization, system, or device.
Late 16th century: from latin ancilla "maid, handmaiden", from ancilla "young girl, maid servant", diminutive of ancus "old man".
- The company's ancillary businesses helped to diversify its revenue streams.
- The ancillary equipment was essential for the proper functioning of the machine.
- The ancillary services provided by the hospital included physical therapy and rehabilitation.
- The ancillary staff were responsible for administrative tasks such as scheduling and billing.
- The ancillary products were designed to complement and enhance the main product.
Some random words: observational, microscope, publisher