A robot designed to look and act like a human, especially a machine in the form of a human male.
Late 19th century: from greek andr- "man" + -oid "having the form of".
- The newest android models are designed to be almost indistinguishable from real humans.
- Androids are often used in science fiction stories as the main characters, or as servants to humans.
- The android had a sophisticated artificial intelligence system that allowed it to learn and adapt to new situations.
- Androids have been a popular topic of discussion in recent years, as advancements in technology have made them more and more realistic.
- Some people believe that androids will one day be able to perform many tasks currently done by humans, leading to a new era in technology and society.
Some random words: minstrelsy, noninterference, sexist