A person who specializes in administering anesthesia and managing a patient's pain during medical procedures.
Early 19th century, from french anesthésiste, from greek anesthēsis (insensibility), from an- (without) + esthēsis (feeling).
- The anesthetist administered the anesthesia before the surgery.
- Anesthetists are responsible for monitoring the patient's vital signs during surgery.
- An anesthetist is a medical professional who specializes in administering anesthesia.
- The anesthetist will be in charge of managing the patient's pain during the procedure.
- Anesthetists work closely with surgeons to ensure a safe and comfortable surgery.