- A localized, blood-filled dilatation of a blood vessel caused by a weakening of the vessel wall, usually aortic or cerebral.
- A pathological dilatation of a blood vessel caused by disease or weakness in the wall of the vessel.
From the greek ἀνεύρυσμα, aneurusma, meaning "dilation" or "rupture".
- The patient was diagnosed with an aneurysm in the aorta and had to undergo surgery.
- Aneurysms can be caused by a number of factors, including high blood pressure and smoking.
- The doctor was able to detect the aneurysm on the patient's brain by using a CT scan.
- The patient's family was informed that an aneurysm could be life-threatening if left untreated.
- The patient was discharged from the hospital after the aneurysm was successfully treated.
Some random words: centripetal, introvert, statewide