- A spiritual being believed to act as an attendant, agent, or messenger of God, conventionally represented in human form with wings and a long robe.
- A person of exemplary conduct or virtue.
- A person who is kind and helpful.
- A financial backer or investor.
Old english, from ecclesiastical latin angelus, from greek angelos "messenger".
- The angel appeared to Mary and told her that she would give birth to Jesus.
- The little girl believes her grandmother is an angel watching over her.
- The volunteer is an angel, always willing to help others.
- The business was able to succeed thanks to the support of an angel investor.
- The couple's friend is their angel, always ready to lend a helping hand.