- A strong feeling of annoyance, displeasure, or hostility.
- A feeling that is characterized by a strong desire for revenge.
Old english ange, from proto-germanic *angus (compare with dutch and german angst), of uncertain origin.
- The news of his betrayal filled her with anger.
- He could not contain his anger when he found out that he had been lied to.
- The injustice of the situation made him feel a burning anger.
- Her anger was evident in her voice as she spoke to him.
- The anger in his eyes made it clear that he was not going to back down.