- Chest pain or discomfort caused by reduced blood flow to the heart.
- A symptom of coronary artery disease, typically described as a squeezing, pressure, or burning sensation in the chest.
From the latin angina, from the greek ἀγχίνη, ankhine, meaning "a constriction of the chest".
- The patient was suffering from angina and was prescribed medication to alleviate the symptoms.
- Angina is often a symptom of a more serious underlying condition such as heart disease.
- The patient's angina was triggered by physical exertion, such as climbing stairs.
- The patient was advised to avoid activities that triggered angina and to make lifestyle changes to reduce the risk of a heart attack.
- Angina can be treated with medication and lifestyle changes, but in severe cases, surgery may be necessary.