A medical procedure to widen a narrowed or blocked blood vessel, typically in the heart or legs, using a small balloon on a catheter.
The word 'angioplasty' comes from the greek words 'angeion' meaning 'vessel' and 'plastos' meaning 'formed, molded.'.
- Angioplasty was performed to restore blood flow to the heart.
- The patient underwent angioplasty to relieve the symptoms of angina.
- Angioplasty was performed as a less invasive alternative to bypass surgery.
- The success rate of angioplasty is high when performed by experienced professionals.
- Angioplasty was used to treat the blocked coronary artery.
Some random words: anorak, aquanaut, submergence