- Relating to or denoting people of English descent in the United States.
- Relating to or denoting the culture, institutions, and attitudes of English-speaking people in the United States and Britain.
Late 19th century: from anglo- + american.
- The anglo-american settlers brought with them their customs and traditions, which still influence the country today.
- The anglo-american alliance was strengthened by their shared history and language.
- The anglo-american legal system is based on common law principles.
- The anglo-american community was tight-knit and supportive of one another.
- The anglo-american culture values individualism and entrepreneurship.
Some random words: oscillatory, reducible, sashimi