A person who admires or has a strong affinity for England, its culture, and its people.
From french anglophile, from anglo- "english" + -phile "lover of".
- He was an anglophile who loved everything about England, from its history to its literature.
- She was an anglophile who was particularly interested in the works of Shakespeare.
- Many Americans are anglophiles who admire the culture and traditions of England.
- The society was filled with anglophiles who loved to discuss British literature and culture.
- He was an anglophile who spent much of his time studying the history and customs of England.
Some random words: orthographic, solidity, ostentation