- A feeling of deep anxiety or dread, typically an unfocused one about the human condition or the state of the world in general.
- A mood of great uncertainty or insecurity.
German, from old high german angust, "pain, anxiety", from proto-germanic *angustaz "narrow".
- The novel portrays the angst of adolescence.
- She felt a sense of angst as she faced the uncertainty of the future.
- The character's angst was palpable in the story.
- The artist's work is often characterized by a sense of angst and alienation.
- The angst of the situation was palpable.
Some random words: spiel, physiognomy, hardball