- Extreme mental or physical pain.
- A feeling of intense mental or emotional suffering.
Middle english: from old french angoisse, from latin angustia "narrowing, distress", from angustus "narrow".
- She felt a great deal of anguish over the death of her child.
- He was in anguish over the loss of his wife.
- The patient's anguish was evident on his face.
- Her parents were filled with anguish as they watched her suffer.
- He was wracked with anguish and regret.
Some random words: nightshirt, semaphore, despot