The belief that non-human entities, such as animals, plants, and inanimate objects possess a spiritual essence.
From the latin anima meaning "breath, soul" and the latin suffix -ismus meaning "the practice of".
- Animism is an ancient belief that is still practiced in some cultures today.
- The animism belief holds that everything in the world has a spirit.
- Animism is often associated with traditional societies and religions.
- The idea of animism is that the natural world is full of spiritual beings.
- Some people believe that animism is a way to connect with nature and its spiritual energy.