- Feeling of strong dislike or enmity.
- A feeling of strong hostility or opposition towards someone or something.
Late middle english: from latin animositas, from animosus "spirited", from animus "mind".
- There was a lot of animosity between the two countries.
- The animosity between the two groups grew over time.
- His animosity towards her was clear in the way he spoke to her.
- The animosity in the room was palpable.
- The animosity he felt towards his brother was palpable.
Some random words: insular, skydive, nonacademic