- Add (something) to a larger or more important thing.
- Take control of (a territory) and make it part of one's own country or empire.
Late 16th century: from french annexer, from latin annexus, past participle of annectere, from ad- "to" + nectere "bind".
- The company annexed several smaller firms to expand its business.
- The country annexed the territory after a vote.
- The city annexed the neighboring town.
- The company annexed the smaller companies to become a market leader.
- The group annexed the territory to their own land.
Some random words: lumbago, long-suffering, offal