- The act of reducing something to nothing or non-existence.
- Complete destruction or obliteration of something.
From the latin annihiliatio, from the verb annihilari, meaning "to reduce to nothing".
- The annihilation of the city by the enemy army left nothing but rubble.
- The atomic bombs dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki resulted in the annihilation of both cities.
- The company's reputation was destroyed by the scandal, resulting in its near-annihilation.
- The virus led to the annihilation of the population in that area.
- The new weapon had the power of instantaneous annihilation of the target.