- A date on which an event took place in a previous year, typically one that is remembered and celebrated or marked by a ceremony.
- The completion of a year's period of time.
From the latin word "annus" meaning "year" and "versus" meaning "to turn".
- Today is our wedding anniversary.
- The company is celebrating its 50th anniversary.
- The anniversary of his death was coming up.
- They were planning a surprise party for their anniversary.
- The anniversary of the 9/11 attacks is a somber reminder of the tragedy.