- Make a formal public statement about.
- Give notice of; make known in advance.
- Cause (something) to be known publicly.
Late middle english: from old french anoncier, from latin annuntiare, based on ad- "to" + nuntiare "make known".
- The company announced a profit increase of 20%.
- He announced his engagement to his family.
- The government announced a new policy on immigration.
- She announced her candidacy for the office.
- The band announced a tour for next year.
Some random words: free-range, inject, aristocratic