- A person who makes public announcements, such as on radio or television.
- A person who announces the start of a race or event.
- A person who introduces performers or speakers.
Late 19th century: from announce + -er.
- The radio announcer gave the weather forecast.
- The event had a professional announcer to introduce the speakers.
- The sports announcer called the play-by-play action.
- The game show had a lively and engaging announcer.
- The race had an experienced announcer to start the race.
Some random words: embrace, anatomic, exegetical