- The electrode of a device, such as a battery or a cathode ray tube, through which electric current flows into the device.
- The electrode that is positively charged in an electrolytic cell or an electron tube.
Late 19th century, from greek anodos (way up), from ana- (up) + hodos (way).
- The anode is the electrode where oxidation occurs.
- An anode is the positive electrode in an electrolytic cell.
- The anode is the electrode where electrons flow into a device.
- Anode corrosion is a common problem in batteries.
- Anodes in cathode ray tubes are made of materials that emit electrons when heated.
Some random words: deify, debase, high-performance