To coat a metal surface with a protective oxide layer by passing an electric current through an electrolytic solution in which the metal is immersed.
From the greek word "anodos" meaning "way up" and the suffix -ize meaning "to cause to be".
- Anodizing is a process that is used to protect aluminum from corrosion.
- Anodizing can also be used to change the color of a metal.
- Anodizing is a popular method for finishing aluminum parts.
- Anodizing can increase the hardness and durability of a metal surface.
- Anodizing is used in many industries including aerospace, automotive and medical devices.