- Something that deviates from what is standard, normal, or expected.
- A deviation from the normal or common order, form, or rule.
Late middle english: from latin anomalus, from greek anōmalos, from an- "not" + ōmos "level", from ōmai "fit".
- The heat wave was an anomaly in an otherwise mild summer.
- There are a few anomalies in the data that need to be addressed.
- The child's ability to read at such a young age was an anomaly.
- The stock market's sudden drop was an anomaly in an otherwise steady trend.
- It was an anomaly in the otherwise perfect record of the team.
Some random words: solidify, nonnative, quadrilateral