- A type of jacket with a hood, made of waterproof or windproof material, originally worn by the Inuit people and now popular as outdoor wear.
- A person with a keen interest in a particular subject, often considered to be unfashionable or socially awkward.
From the inuit word annoraq, meaning "parka".
- I brought an anorak, just in case it rains.
- His anorak was made of Gore-Tex, a waterproof and breathable material.
- He was an anorak for trains and spent all his free time studying railway history.
- Anoraks were seen as unfashionable, but they are now popular among outdoor enthusiasts.
- The anorak kept him warm and dry in the blizzard conditions.