- An eating disorder characterized by a distorted body image and a fear of gaining weight, leading to food restriction and emaciation.
- A psychological disorder characterized by an intense fear of gaining weight and a distorted body image, leading to self-imposed starvation.
From the greek ἀν- (an-), meaning "without" or "not" and ὄρεξις (orexis), meaning "appetite".
- The patient was diagnosed with anorexia nervosa and was referred to a specialist.
- Anorexia is a serious and potentially life-threatening eating disorder.
- The patient's anorexia was triggered by a traumatic event in her childhood.
- Anorexia is often accompanied by other mental health issues such as depression and anxiety.
- The patient's anorexia was treated with therapy and medication.