A mammal found in Central and South America, known for its long snout and tongue used for feeding on ants and termites.
Early 19th century, from ante- (ant) + eater.
- The anteater has a long snout and a sticky tongue to help it catch ants and termites.
- Anteaters are found in Central and South America.
- The anteater is a mammal that belongs to the order Pilosa.
- Anteaters are known for their ability to eat up to 30,000 ants and termites per day.
- The anteater's tongue is covered in tiny hooks that help it catch ants and termites.
Some random words: shapely, translucent, impressive