An antechamber is a small room, area or space that leads to a larger room or main hall.
The word "antechamber" comes from the old french word "ante-chambre", meaning "before the room", and was originally used to describe a small room that precedes the main chamber or hall of a building.
- The antechamber of the palace was used as a waiting room for visitors.
- The antechamber was filled with antique furniture and paintings, creating a warm and welcoming atmosphere.
- The ambassador was shown into the antechamber, where he was greeted by the secretary.
- The antechamber was the perfect place to relax and have a quiet conversation before entering the noisy ballroom.
- The antechamber was used for storage and as a place for the servants to wait before being summoned to attend to their duties.
Some random words: allergenic, blue-collar, zoom