Belonging to the time before the biblical flood.
Late 16th century: via latin from greek antēdiluvios, from antē before + diluvios relating to the flood, from diluvi flood.
- The ruins of the antediluvian city were discovered by a team of archaeologists.
- The antediluvian era is often associated with myths and legends, including the story of Noah and the Ark.
- The antediluvian landscape was vastly different from the world we know today, with towering forests and great reptiles roaming the land.
- The antediluvian civilization was said to be highly advanced, with cities of gold and other wonders.
- The antediluvian age is often seen as a time of great mystery and fascination, with many unanswered questions about the world and its inhabitants.