- A mammal of the family Bovidae, found mainly in Africa and Asia, characterized by slender legs, smooth horns, and a bright color.
- A hollow-horned ruminant of the family Bovidae, of Africa and Asia, having long legs and a slender build.
Mid 16th century: from french antelop, from old french ante- "before" + loup "wolf", from the belief that the animal was so fast that it could escape the wolf.
- The pronghorn is the only surviving member of the Antilocapridae, a family of ruminants that once included many kinds of pronghorn and antelope.
- The Thomson's gazelle is a small antelope found in the savannas of East Africa.
- The Dama gazelle is a critically endangered species of antelope.
- The blackbuck is a type of antelope native to the Indian subcontinent.
- The impala is a medium-sized antelope found in savannas of southern Africa.