- A collection of literary works, such as poems, short stories, or plays.
- A collection of songs, pieces of music, or recordings.
- A collection of texts or other works in a particular field.
From greek ἀνθολόγιον (anthologion, "a collection of flowers"), from ἄνθος (ánthos, "flower") + -λόγιον (-logion, "collectio.n")
- The professor assigned an anthology of contemporary poetry for the class.
- I have an anthology of Bob Dylan's greatest hits.
- This anthology contains the best stories of the year.
- The anthology of his speeches is a must-read for anyone interested in politics.
- This is a great anthology of some of the best science fiction stories of all time.