- The scientific study of human beings and their societies and cultures.
- The study of human behavior, culture, and society, including the development and evolution of human beings.
- The study of the human experience and human nature.
Late 18th century: from french anthropologie, or via latin from greek anthrōpologia, from anthrōpos "human being" + -logia (see -logy).
- She studied anthropology at university.
- Anthropology is the study of human culture, societies, and behavior.
- The anthropology course covered the evolution of human societies.
- The anthropological study of the tribe revealed their unique customs and traditions.
- The book was an anthropological study of the community's social structure.