Having the property or effect of preventing or treating cancer.
The word 'anticancer' is derived from the prefix 'anti-' meaning 'against' and 'cancer' referring to a type of disease.
- The anticancer drug showed promising results in clinical trials.
- The anticancer properties of the herb have been the subject of much research.
- The anticancer diet emphasizes the consumption of whole, unprocessed foods.
- The anticancer vaccine is being tested as a prevention method for certain types of cancer.
- The anticancer therapy is designed to attack cancer cells while sparing healthy cells.