Opposition to communism as a political ideology.
From the latin anti ("against") + communism, from the idea that anticommunism is opposition to communism as a political ideology.
- During the Cold War, anticommunism was a major driving force behind American foreign policy.
- The Red Scare of the 1950s was driven by a wave of anticommunism in the United States.
- The anticommunism sentiment in the country led to the rise of right-wing authoritarian governments.
- The rise of anticommunism in the country led to persecution of political opponents.
- The anticommunism propaganda of the government was heavily criticized by civil liberties activists.
Some random words: metaphysical, expandable, showplace