A device or mechanism that prevents the wheels of a vehicle from locking when braking suddenly, improving the driver's control of the vehicle.
The word "antilock" is derived from the prefix "anti-" meaning "opposed to" and the verb "to lock" meaning "to fasten or secure something in a particular place or positio.n"
- The antilock brakes on the car prevented the wheels from locking and helped the driver maintain control during the emergency stop.
- The new car model comes equipped with antilock brakes for improved safety.
- The antilock system prevents the wheels from locking up, which allows the driver to maintain control of the vehicle during hard braking.
- Antilock brakes are standard on most modern vehicles to improve braking performance and prevent skidding.
- The antilock brake system is designed to prevent the wheels from locking up during hard braking and to help the driver maintain control of the vehicle.