Relating to the prevention or treatment of malaria.
From the latin anti ("against") + malaria ("bad air") from the idea that antimalarials are substances that prevent or treat malaria.
- Quinine is an antimalarial drug that has been used for centuries to treat malaria.
- The antimalarial properties of Artemisia annua have been known for centuries.
- The patient was prescribed antimalarial medication before traveling to a malaria-endemic area.
- The antimalarial drug was found to be ineffective against the new strain of the parasite.
- The antimalarial properties of the plant have been used in traditional medicine for centuries.
Some random words: turnbuckle, unalterable, disingenuous