Relating to the prevention or reduction of pollution.
From the latin anti ("against") + pollution, from the idea that antipollution measures are intended to prevent or reduce pollution.
- The city has implemented several antipollution measures in an effort to reduce air pollution.
- The company was fined for failing to implement adequate antipollution measures.
- The antipollution laws were passed to protect the environment and public health.
- The antipollution technology has helped to reduce the emissions of harmful pollutants.
- The government's antipollution policy was criticized as being too lax.