Opposing or working to alleviate poverty and its effects.
The word 'antipoverty' is derived from the prefix 'anti-' meaning 'against' and 'poverty' referring to a state of being poor or deprived of basic necessities.
- The antipoverty program provided food and shelter to the homeless and job training to the unemployed.
- The antipoverty initiatives aimed to reduce poverty and increase economic opportunities for the poor.
- The antipoverty campaign sought to raise awareness about the importance of reducing poverty and its effects on individuals and society.
- The antipoverty measures were taken by the government to reduce poverty levels and improve the standard of living for the poorest citizens.
- The antipoverty strategy was implemented to provide education and healthcare to the poor and improve their chances of escaping poverty.