- The ancient past, especially the period of classical civilization in Greece and Rome.
- An object or custom from the ancient past.
Late middle english: from latin antiquitas, from antiquus "ancient".
- The ruins of the ancient city are a reminder of the antiquity of human civilization.
- The museum had many artifacts from antiquity on display.
- The study of antiquity is essential to understanding the roots of Western civilization.
- The term "antiquity" is often used to refer to ancient Greece and Rome.
- The art of antiquity has had a profound influence on modern art.