- Clean and germ-free.
- Having the properties of preventing the growth or action of microorganisms, especially in wounds.
Mid 19th century: from anti- "against" + greek septikos "putrefactive", from septos "putrefied", from seiein "to rot".
- The surgical instruments were carefully sterilized with antiseptic solution.
- The wound was cleaned with an antiseptic to prevent infection.
- The area was sprayed with an antiseptic to kill germs.
- We use antiseptic wipes to clean the kitchen counters.
- The room was kept antiseptic to avoid any kind of infection.
Some random words: irruption, recapitulate, optical