- Opposed to or hostile to normal standards of social behavior.
- Not inclined to associate with others; unsociable.
Early 19th century: from anti- + social, on the pattern of words such as antidemocratic.
- He was considered to be antisocial because he never talked to anyone.
- The antisocial behavior of the youth was causing problems in the community.
- The criminal's antisocial tendencies led to a life of crime.
- The company's policies are seen as antisocial by its employees.
- The individual's antisocial behavior led to his expulsion from the group.