A drug that relieves or prevents spasms of involuntary muscle.
The word "antispasmodic" is a noun that refers to "a drug that relieves or prevents spasms of involuntary muscle" . it is derived from the greek word "anti" which means "against" and "spasmos" which means "a sudden, involuntary contraction of a muscle or group of muscles.".
- The doctor prescribed an antispasmodic to relieve the patient's muscle spasms.
- The antispasmodic medicine was used to prevent the patient's muscle cramps.
- The patient's stomach cramps were relieved by taking antispasmodic medication.
- The antispasmodic medication was used to help the patient's breathing difficulties caused by muscle spasms.
- The patient was given an antispasmodic to help prevent muscle spasms during the surgery.