Designed or used for detecting or destroying enemy submarines.
Mid 20th century: from anti- + submarine.
- Antisubmarine warfare is a critical component of naval defense.
- Antisubmarine patrols are regularly conducted in areas where enemy submarines are suspected.
- The antisubmarine warfare capabilities of a navy can play a decisive role in determining the outcome of a conflict.
- Antisubmarine weapons include depth charges, torpedoes, and sonar systems.
- Advanced antisubmarine technologies are constantly being developed to keep pace with the changing tactics of enemy submarines.
Some random words: chess, cannibalism, rite