Opposed to tanks; a weapon or system specifically designed to destroy tanks or other armored vehicles.
The word "antitank" is derived from the prefix "anti-" meaning "opposed to" and the noun "tank" meaning "a large, heavily armored vehicle with tracks, designed for warfare.".
- The soldiers used an antitank missile to destroy the enemy tank.
- The antitank mines were placed on the road to prevent the enemy tanks from advancing.
- The antitank rifle was developed to provide infantry with a means to defend against tanks.
- The new antitank weapon is capable of penetrating the thickest armor.
- The antitank artillery proved to be a formidable weapon against enemy tanks during the battle.