A direct or exact opposite, a contrasting relationship between two things.
From greek antithesis, meaning "opposition, contrast".
- The antithesis of good is evil.
- The city and the country are the antithesis of each other.
- His speeches are filled with antithesis, highlighting the differences between his ideas and his opponents.
- The poem's imagery creates an antithesis between light and dark.
- The president"s policy is the antithesis of his predecessor"s.
Some random words: hospitalize, nonporous, earthmover