Restless and impatient; eager to do something.
The word "antsy" is derived from the word "ant" which refers to the small insect known for its hardworking nature and constant movement. the word "antsy" implies a similar state of restlessness and impatience.
- I always get antsy when I have to sit through a long meeting.
- She was feeling antsy and needed to go for a walk.
- He was antsy to get home and see his family.
- The child was antsy and couldn't sit still in class.
- The team was antsy to start the game and get on the field.