The opening at the lower end of the alimentary canal through which solid waste is eliminated from the body.
The word "anus" is derived from the latin word "anus" which means "ring" or "circle". it is related to the greek word "ōnos", meaning "ring" or "rim.".
- The anus is located at the end of the rectum.
- The hemorrhoids caused pain and discomfort when sitting due to the pressure on the anus.
- Anal fissures, tears in the anus, can be caused by constipation and diarrhea.
- The anus is the end of the gastrointestinal tract, from where waste products are eliminated.
- Anal cancer is a disease in which malignant (cancer) cells form in the tissues of the anus.