- A feeling of worry, nervousness, or unease about something with an uncertain outcome.
- A feeling of unease, such as worry or fear, that can be mild or severe.
- A condition in which a person feels agitated, restless, or worried, especially in the absence of a clear reason.
Late middle english: from old french anxiete, from latin anxietas, from anxius (see anxious).
- She felt a knot of anxiety in her stomach as she waited for the results.
- He struggled with anxiety and depression for many years.
- The patient has been diagnosed with Generalized Anxiety Disorder.
- The interview made her feel anxious and she couldn't focus on the questions.
- The anxiety of waiting for the test results was overwhelming.