Relating to or affecting the aorta.
The word "aortic" is derived from the noun "aorta" which is the main and largest artery in the human body, originating from the left ventricle of the heart and extending down to the abdomen, where it splits into two smaller arteries.
- Aortic stenosis is a condition where the aortic valve does not open fully, reducing blood flow to the body.
- An aortic aneurysm is a bulging in the wall of the aorta, which can be life-threatening if it ruptures.
- Aortic dissection is a serious condition that occurs when there is a tear in the inner lining of the aorta.
- Aortic valve replacement is a surgical procedure to replace a damaged aortic valve with a mechanical or biological valve.
- The patient was diagnosed with aortic regurgitation, a condition in which the aortic valve does not close properly.
Some random words: cavalier, resistible, premiership