Quickly; at a fast rate.
The word "apace" is derived from the middle english word "apas" which means "at a pace." it is used to indicate that something is happening quickly or at a fast rate.
- The project is moving apace and we expect to finish it on time.
- The company's growth has been proceeding apace in recent years.
- She was reading the book apace, eager to find out what happens next.
- The town was growing apace, with new buildings and businesses popping up every day.
- The time passed apace as they chatted and laughed.