- A member of a group of North American Indian tribes that speak a Southern Athabaskan language and are renowned for their fierce resistance to domination by white settlers and the US government.
- A helicopter used by the United States Army for attack and reconnaissance purposes.
The term "apache" comes from the yuma word "apachu" meaning "enemy" which was used by the zuni and pueblo tribes to describe the apache.
- The Apache tribe is known for their fierce resistance to domination by white settlers and the US government.
- The Apache helicopter is the primary attack helicopter of the United States Army.
- The Apache's ability to evade detection made it an ideal aircraft for reconnaissance missions.
- The Apache's armament includes a 30mm chain gun and various air-to-ground missiles.
- The Apache has been used extensively in combat operations in Iraq and Afghanistan.